Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry for the States of Jersey, with clinical overview of the Criminal Justice pathway, prison and community forensic mental health, and interact with the Royal Court. Also an Hon. Consultant at West London NHS Trust.
I completed medical school at Trinity College, Oxford University. I completed my training in Forensic Psychiatry at the Maudsley and Springfield Hospitals, and Broadmoor Hospital.
I have worked across all levels of secure services from community to high secure and prison settings, as well as in addictions, with interests in Chemsex and offending. I chair a Health and Justice Chemsex Practitioner Group interfacing with Project Sagamore Police, Prison and Probation Chemsex offending programme.
I carry out expert medicolegal assessments at the request of solicitors and HM Courts in criminal, civil, negligence and family proceedings and am frequently instructed. I have extensive experience of giving evidence in Court. I am frequently instructed in complex cases and high profile involving serious violence and mental disorder, such as homicides and terrorism.
I am interested in healthcare management and clinical leadership, mentally disordered offenders and their passage through secure services/justice system, and immigration/international aspects of mental health provision.
I consult to the United Nations on Forensic Mental Health and am an expert advisor to the Committee for the Prevention of Torture at the Council of Europe.
I have a strong interest in international health and mental health, delivering WHO training in low and middle income countries with the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London and continue to be involved in multiple international projects (e.g. Palestine, Ghana, Myanmar).
I have submitted my dissertation for a Masters in Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Fellow of the Royal College Psychiatrists (FRCPsych)
- Member of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians (MFFLM)
- Chair, Health and Justice Liaison Group, Project Sagamore MPS/HMPPS.
- Former Vice-chair Volunteering and International Psychiatry Special Interest Group, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Former Trustee and Board Member Crime in Mind, Forensic Psychiatry Research Charity; Former Treasurer IAFP
- Section 12(2) Approved under Mental Health Act; Approved under the Mental Health (Jersey) Law 2016
- Alumnus, Prepare to Lead, NHS London